LAW, LANGUAGE, ART, POLITICS AND PHILOSOPHY

no·mo·log·i·cal \ˌnä-mə-ˈlä-ji-kəl, ˌnō-\ (adjective) nomology science of physical and logical laws, from Greek nomos + English -logy : relating to or expressing basic physical laws or rules of reasoning

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blog

I am creating this blog to write about "theory," and the subject matter that interest me. This is primarily ideas of philosophy, law, language, and art. I'm envisioning this as made up of short little synopsis of concepts revolving around these issues, almost like short exercises in thought.

Like all creative efforts, this is mainly a product of selfish motivations; to get myself to write about things other than legal drafting, force me to clarify my thoughts on things that interest me, and for the sake of prosperity. However, since its possible that the subject matter that interests me interests others too, and since I have learned that I develop best through exchange in the market place of ideas, I making this blog public and open to comment. But I warn you, purely for selfish reasons.

nomological is a formalized view of scientific explanation (usually in natural language.) It characterizes scientific explanations primarily as deductive arguments with at least one natural law statement among its premises. "Nomological" comes from the Greek word "νόμος" (nomos), i.e., "law."

No comments: